Senior Accounting & Tax Manager (Portland, ME)
WISHROCK, a national developer of affordable housing, is seeking an experienced accounting professional to join its team in Portland, Maine. WISHROCK actively develops and recapitalizes existing affordable housing throughout the country and asset manages a portfolio of over 30 properties with more than 4,000 units. The Senior Accounting and Tax Manager will report to the Director of Operations and support both the Maine office and its joint venture partners. This position will be responsible for managing the general partner’s accounting and tax needs for a portfolio of affordable multi-family real estate assets. The Senior Accounting and Tax Manager will communicate directly with investors, lenders and property managers on portfolio business and must build and maintain strong relationships with these key partners. The ideal candidate will have experience with Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) and HUD related projects.
The Senior Accounting and Tax Manager will have a wide range of responsibilities, including:
• Oversight of the general partner’s accounting and financial needs on a portfolio of affordable housing projects. The portfolio will consist of approximately 20 stabilized properties and 2-5 properties in various stages of development.
• Preparing real estate and HUD closing statements and preparing closing and capital accounting entries.
• Assisting in preparing construction and escrow draws and requesting owner distributions.
• Reviewing and assisting with the preparation of cost certifications for LIHTC properties.
• Providing required reporting, making capital calls and communicating effectively and professionally with lenders and investors.
• Reviewing externally prepared partnership audits and tax returns
• 4+ years of public accounting, portfolio accounting or comparable experience in a professional environment.
• Proficiency in reading and interpreting legal and regulatory documents.
• Knowledge and experience with QuickBooks and strong Excel modeling skills.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively.
• Ability to develop and support new initiatives and to improve on existing processes in a team environment.
• A high level of technical accounting and tax knowledge is essential, however, leadership and the ability and desire to partner with developers, lenders and investors is equally important.
• CPA designation is a plus.
Interested candidates may email or mail a resume and cover letter to:
Three Canal Plaza, Suite 501
Portland, ME 04101
Attn: Recruitment/Senior Accounting and Tax Manager
Please, no phone calls or walk-ins.
Wishrock Operations Inc. is an equal opportunity employer